• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Metadata cannot be saved

Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded from Lightroom 5 to Lightroom Classic 9. In version 9 I cannot save metadata to files anymore. Lightroom tells me either, an unexpected error occured or the file would be locked. All filetypes I use (DNG, TIF and PSD) are affected.

In fact the files are not locked. I restartet the PC with Lightroom as the only application running and I have no problem moving and deleting the files.

I never had such a problem in Lightroom 5.

I am running Lightroom on Windows 10.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exact version of Lightroom Classic are you using? I am using Lightroom Classic 9.2.1 on Windows 10 Home Premium, and I cannot replicate the problem you describe. Have you verified that the folder containing the images has both read and write permissions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using 9.2.1 as well on Windows 10 Pro. The folder has all permissions.

I still have the Lightroom 5 catalog available. In Lightroom 5 no problem to modify a photo and save its metadata. The same photo in Lightroom 9 will not allow to save changes to the file (PC restarted in between).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1.Are you using Smart Previews?

And id so, are the original files available?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No smart previews. All photos are available on the lokal hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines