Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

metadata has conflict Synced with lightroom

Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2019 Jun 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've just noticed all my recent photos synced from Lightroom CC (iPhone) are showing the "metadata has conflict Synced with lightroom" badge

If i select the badge I get the

"The metadata for this photo has been changed by both Lightroom and another application. Should Lightroom import settings from disk or overwrite disk settings with those from the catalog?"

with options "import settings from disk", "cancel" or "overwrite settings"

I just reproduced this by taking a photo on my iPhone, adding it to CC on my phone and letting it sync to Classic.

Has anyone experienced this? Have a changed a setting by accident? Or a bug.

Not had a chance to dump the metadata and see what if anything is different , I assume I can dump it from the file on disk and then export from lightroom, dump metadata and compare?

But there should be only the file Lightroom has downloaded?

Jeremy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 30, 2019 Jun 30, 2019

It's a recently introduced bug. Please add details of your issue to this bug report: Lightroom: HEIC photos import with Metadata Status: Changed On Disk | Photoshop Family Customer Community . Be sure to click Me Too and Follow in the upper-right corner, which will make it a little more likely Adobe will prioritize a fix, and you'll be notified when the bug's status changes.

As a workaround, select all the photos, do Metadata > Save Metadata To File, and click Overwrite Settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a recently introduced bug. Please add details of your issue to this bug report: Lightroom: HEIC photos import with Metadata Status: Changed On Disk | Photoshop Family Customer Comm... . Be sure to click Me Too and Follow in the upper-right corner, which will make it a little more likely Adobe will prioritize a fix, and you'll be notified when the bug's status changes.

As a workaround, select all the photos, do Metadata > Save Metadata To File, and click Overwrite Settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great thanks, nice to know I’m not going mad.

MeToo-Ed the defect

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, the workaround was not useful.  I highlighted twenty of the "metadata conflict" images and the recommended "fix" only took care of the first one - the other nineteen had to be done individually.  It's really an unpleasant problem and one that Adobe should put some effort into correcting.  I called Adobe just today (8/27/20) and the young woman did not at all acknowlege that this is a system problem.  Bury your head and maybe it goes away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you importing HEIC photos from an Iphone, and observing Metadata Status: Changed On Disk?  If so, that bug was fixed a year ago in LR 8.4. Do the menu command Help > System Info and verify you have the latest version of LR (9.4).

"I highlighted twenty of the "metadata conflict" images and the recommended "fix" only took care of the first one - the other nineteen had to be done individually."

Most likely, you are in Loupe view in Library or Develop (just one photo showing). In Loupe view, many commands only operate on the most selected photo, not all the photos you selected in the filmstrip. Do the menu command View > Grid to go to grid view and then do Metadata > Save Metadata To File -- the command will apply to all the selected photos.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you;  yes, I was in Loupe view and your suggestion enabled me to address the metadata conflict with a large group of images.  Is this fix a "one and done" or will the conflict message pop up again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Is this fix a "one and done" or will the conflict message pop up again?"

Did the metadata conflict appear on HEICs imported from an Iphone or on other images?

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines