• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

metadata has conflict

Participant ,
Mar 30, 2019 Mar 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i just found out today that almost all my catalogue from 10 years ago has some weird metadata conflict.

when i click i get a message telling me that "the metadata for this photo has been changed by both lightroom and another application" -- this is not even true because i'm using only lightroom for all my work since 2007.

then it asks: "should lightroom import settings from disk or overwrite disk setting?" -- first i decided to import from disk, but after doing that i lost everything i have done on lightroom years ago, so, in the following directory i decided to overwrite disk settings, and for my surprise all my files were rewrited. most of the files were jpegs that were compressed again -- i wasn't even expecting to seem my original files changed on lightroom, this was not what adobe advertises. on

so... now i stopped touching my old photos and completely lost the trust on lightroom.

how can something like this happen? i never ever used my original files in any other program but lightroom. this is a crazy bug.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul: could you provide your EXACT Lightroom version and OS?

It might be helpful also to outline your Lightroom strategy for catalog storage and image storage so we can begin to understand some of the variables that might be in play her for you.

Are you editing a proprietary raw file format and if so are they the "original" files you refer to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 Pro x64 version 1809

Lightroom Classic version: 8.2 [ 1204643 ]

I have Ligtroom installed on my main SSD, the catalog on a secondary SSD and all my files in an external hard drive with the same location and drive letter and name since 2007. i'm referring to original jpeg files.

Lightroom has always worked perfectly in my systems since version 1 to 6, then I bought the Lightroom CC plan and lots of problems started. Lightroom 8, 8.1 and 8.2 are all filled with bugs. it's slow and crashes a lot. it's horrible. now i found this new problem.

I'd love to quit this software but i have a lot of work on it now 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2019 Mar 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First of all, I would simply ignore those warnings. This has been a known problem for many years. You can simply turn off the icon that shows a metadata conflict (View - View Options - uncheck 'Unsaved Metadata').

Secondly, I don't think those jpegs were recompressed. Only the metadata header was rewritten. Your OS will show that the file was rewritten because it does not make that distiction, but that doesn't mean it was recompressed.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines