Metadata presets defaulting back to "None"

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using LR Classic 10.1.1.  The problem is that when I attempt to apply certain metadata presets, I can select the preset from the dropdown but then it immediately defaults back to "None."  When I select the preset, I can see the progress bar at the top left where it says, "Applying preset [name]."  The progress bar completes in about 1-2 seconds but then the preset selection is wiped and it goes back to "none".

This is only happening with certain presets so I'm wondering if there's something wrong with how they're customized/configured?

Here is what I'm trying to do.  This works some of the time:

Screen Shot 2021-02-04 at 5.48.54 PM.png

Here is what it immediately defaults back to:

Screen Shot 2021-02-04 at 5.47.23 PM.png

TOPICS
Bug, Presets or profiles, Problem or error

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting LR's preferences: 
https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

LR sometimes soils its preferences file, and resetting it can fix all sorts of wonky behavior. That article explains how to restore the old preferences if resetting doesn't help.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the reset intstructions and it didn't work.  But, I seemed to have zeroed in on more specifics.  The problem is actually that I can apply certain Location metadata presets but not any with Canadian locations.  In the latter instance, I can select the preset from the dropdown but then the preset dropdown menu immediately defaults back to "None."  However, it looks like the location preset is actually applied.  

I can't figure this out.  The preset menu says "none", yet the City/State/Country all autofill correctly, and this is only for Canadian locations! 

Screen Shot 2021-02-06 at 3.01.48 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-02-06 at 3.01.35 PM.png

Any ideas?

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do Preferences > Presets > Show All Other Lightroom Presets, which will open Finder / File Explorer on the "Lightroom" settings folder. In the "Metadata Presets" folder, open one of the problem preset files in a text editor (e.g. TextEdit or Notepad) and copy and paste its entire contents here.  We can see if the problem occurs on other LR installations and narrow down the issue.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines