• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

migrate Lightroom from MacOS to Windows10

Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

whats the easiest way to migrate lightroom catalogs from MacOS to windows 10?

Is there a way to migrate aperture files and libraries from a Mac disk into lightroom Windows? I see how to do it on the Mac (I missed that step when I transfered my license from Mac to Windows PC, but I guess I can go back again as all the files are there on my old Mac).

I am not sure my MacOS ircat files are opening correctly or even visible on my PC. Should they be? I am using Macdrive10 to read the external disk with my photos and catalogs.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving Lightroom from one computer to another

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-move-lightroom-to-new-computer/

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/moving-lightroom-free-ebook/

Since Windows will not recognize aperture files, you will have to turn those into Lightroom on your Mac.

Also, I note you state you have catalogs (plural), and this is reason number 2,172 why you should use one catalog, it makes everything simpler.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you very much for your answer and advice. I shall make one large
catalog by following the instructions in the links you provided I will
transfer to PC.

--

Gary Hunter | Prof

BSc, PhD

Associate Professor

Laboratory of Biochemistry and Protein Science

Department of Physiology and Biochemistry

Faculty of Medicine and Surgery
Room 044, Biomedical Sciences Building

+356 2340 2917

[image:
https://www.um.edu.mt/n/s/twitter]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I routinely share Lightroom catalogs between Mac and Windows on an ongoing basis. I have not had any issues with this workflow.

A typical use case for me is to create a new catalog on my Macbook, on an external drive, when I'm traveling. When I return home, I can open the catalog from my Windows desktop machine. Alternately (and more commonly), I can import the Mac-created catalog into my main catalog on my WIndows machine using the "Import from Catalog" function.

Another use case is when I'm working on a project, and traveling, I may export as a Catalog a subset of my Windows main catalog. Then I can bring the exported catalog and images with me on an external drive and use LrC on my MacBook to work on my project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines