• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Migration problems when migrating a LR cat from an external disk

Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So made a back up of my entire iMac hard drive, sold the iMac then copied files to the new imac which is running Catalina, installed latest lightroom classic went to migrate my files of the past 10 years, nope wont do it as its from a copied or exported version? So how the heck do I get my catlaogue into the new version of classic? I was a hold out and using CS6 but then decided to join and subscribe to get the latest lightroom, but I wont be if I can solve this issue? Its odd to me that I cant even import my catalogue into the new classic?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instructions to move to a new computer: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-move-lightroom-to-new-computer/

If that doesn't answer the exact question you have, please provide a lot more information, and phrases like "nope wont do it" contain no useful information. We need to know the exact problem(s) you are facing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here is a screen shot of the error message, I cant open lightroom classic as I was using CS6 and it wont install because Im using MacOSCatalinaScreenshot 2020-04-15 at 12.36.04.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You use the word 'migrate', but that is a word that comes from changing from Lightroom Classic to Lightroom (cloud). Are you sure you installed the correct Lightroom version?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am, I want the desktop version of lightroom classic and appranetly the only way to import an older catalogue is via the migrate button?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Johan has put his finger on the problem. The message you show indicates you are not using Lightroom Classic, in which case you could Import the old catalog. You are using Lightroom, the new cloud based software, which has the confusing name Lightroom; you really want to use Lightroom Classic to move a catalog from one computer to another.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you gents!! A complete stupid error on myhalf! However I was led there by Adobe! This was the version Adobe pionted me to! Very annoying and they almost lost me as a customer.

Thanks again to you both, apprecuate your time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines