Migration

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have aquired a server that will have WinServer 2019 installed.  My desktop still has Win7Pro and will be converted to Win10Pro. I want to move all my catalog images to the server from my desktop and laptop for a more central storage for both PC's. 

When I import images from my memory cards on either machine, I want them to store in a file on the server, then my laptop and desktop will have the same synched catalog from either machine and any updates to an image are synched.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The image files will happily reside on the file server.

Unfortunately, the catalog files cannot be used from the server. The catalogs need to be on a local drive (internal or external). You could store the catalog on the server, copy it to the local drive, use it, exit LR, copy the catalog back to the server. LR is designed as a single-user, single-computer system.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines