Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing arrows in the scroll bars

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I miss arrows in the scroll bars (LR Classic / Windows 10).
Is this normal behavior or a bug in LR?

Greetings

Achim

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no arrows in my copy of LrC version 10 on Windows 10.

I never use arrows for scrolling, so I can't say whether this is something new.

For all I know, it may have been like this since Lightroom 1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

LR scroll bars have never had up and down arrows (at least since LR 3).  But if you click or click and hold at any spot above or below the grey rectangle, it behaves the same as if it had arrows:

Untitled.png

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2023 Jun 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can see I have no scroll bar on the bottom.  How do I get it back?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Allison Gordon, as an immediate workaround, you can use the little arrows at the left and right ends of the film strip:

johnrellis_0-1686855940393.png

Your screenshot shows the space for the scrollbar is present, but the thumb indicator is missing:

johnrellis_1-1686856203111.png

As a next step, restart your computer. If the problem persists, try resetting LR's preferences:
https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

LR sometimes soils its preferences file, and resetting it can fix all sorts of wonky behavior. That article explains how to restore the old preferences if resetting doesn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What type of pointing device are you using? A mouse, trackpad, stylus, trackpoint, trackball, or other?

The reason for the question is that scroll bars and their arrows are less commonly used today, because many people find that it’s much easier and faster to scroll using a trackpad gesture or the scroll wheel on a mouse. I’m just curious if there is a reason that you prefer the scroll bar or its arrows over the newer methods.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines