• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing keywords, files and ratings in Lightroom classic

Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My imac crashed and i needed to restore using time machine backup. I recovered all of my photos, but ratings, keywords and files are missing. I suspect that this information is located somewhere in my computer, but i haven't any idea how to recover. Any tips?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The information is in your catalog file. If you imported the photos into a new catalog, this is wrong. You need the old catalog file, from just before the crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All that info is store in the LrC catalog file.

Did TM restore the catalog file correctly. 

What exact version of LrC are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using 10.1. I can't find the LR catelog that I was using within LR, so I'm assuming its buried somewhere. I don't know where I should be looking? Applications? Users? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't find the LR catelog that I was using within LR, so I'm assuming its buried somewhere. I don't know where I should be looking? Applications? Users? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't you have backups from before the crash?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Usually it is in your Username Folder under the documents folder in a subfolder called Lightroom and maybe another subfolder under that call Lightroom Catalog.

I suggest you Take Control of your computer and Place files where you want them and not let someone at Apple or Microsoft put them where They want your files.

I create a folder named for the version of LrC I am currently using, something like LrC V10, and then place the catalog for that version, with a specific name for that version of LrC, in that folder.

I then know exactly where that file is stored.

Also when LrC makes it backup copies of the catalog file that gets store on a Different drive than the Working catalog file. That way if I have a crash the backups of the LrC catalog are not on the sme drive as what crashed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Lightroom Classic, you can try File > Open Recent and see if the catalog file is listed there.

If no history is available there, the next thing to try would be a search of your hard drive for ".lrcat" files (which is the Lightroom Catalog file format). Once you find the correct .lrcat file, you should be able to double click it to open Lightroom Classic with that catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines