Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing lens profiles in Lightroom Classic

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

Amongst other lenses I use the Tamron 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5 which is no where to be found under "Lens Corretions" in Lightroom Classic same goes for Lightroom.

Only one Tamron lens is shown, what to do?

Skærmbillede 2020-08-12 kl. 11.02.00.png

Thanks

Soren

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to the Lightroom Classic forum from Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what File Type is selected? RAW or a JPG. Lenses noramlly only show up for RAW files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm shooting with a Canon D90 only RAW (CR3)....

But shouldn't I be able to see all the supported lenses in the drop down menu, not matter what lens or camera I'm using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, first off, can you find the lens profile using your OS File Manager?

Windows Default—C:\ ProgramData \ Adobe \ CameraRaw \ LensProfiles
Windows User—C: \ Users \ [your username] \ AppData \ Roaming \ Adobe \ CameraRaw \ LensProfiles

Mac Default—Macintosh HD / Library / Application Support / Adobe/ CameraRaw / LensProfiles
Mac User—Macintosh HD / Users / [your username] / Library / Application Support / Adobe / CameraRaw / LensProfiles

Above paths not quite complete, you may need to go one more deep, and your Tamron folder will be split up into camera brand as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks David,

When I go to - Macintosh HD / Library / Application Support / Adobe/ CameraRaw / LensProfiles

I see all the profiles there....

I tried to manual import them to Lightroom via File > Import Profiles & Presets, it looks like it is importing but nothing shows up... 

Skærmbillede 2020-08-14 kl. 08.51.55.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Second off, and I will explain this after my point

If the lens profile is missing, perhaps uninstall Adobe Camera RAW, then reinstall it.

And as to my explanation. Via another members issues, I ws taught that while LrC contains its own Camera RAW coding, and does not actually use the separate Adobe Camera RAW plugin that PS uses, the two share common files on the computer. the lens profiles being on area shared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There's no need to import these profiles. They are accessed by LR automatically.

The profile for your 10-24 lens is available, probably this: Canon (TAMRON 10-24mm F_3.5-4.5 Di II VC HLD B023E)

(C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom Classic\Resources\LensProfiles\1.0\Tamron\Canon\Canon (TAMRON 10-24mm F_3.5-4.5 Di II VC HLD B023E) - RAW.lcp)

However, I strongly suspect you are using a jpg file since the one profile you are showing in your screenshot is one that is  available for jpg also while most other profiles are available for RAW only.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines