• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

missing photos in my catalog

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HELP PLEASE!!  Just upgraded from lightroom 6 to 9.4 on my macbook pro and missing all the photos in my catalog from about feb 2019 - now (about 1500-2000 photos).  Had to upgrade the catalog when I opened new version of lightroom.  I heard this is an issue with upgrading catalogs but now how to I fix it?  I see my original catalog is still on my hard drive.  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

In LrC, open the old catalog again so that it does the data migration again, and see if it works correctly this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like Lightroom upgraded the wrong catalog, namely an older one. Perhaps it upgraded a backup copy? Look in your Pictures folder for a Lightroom folder and then look for files with a .lrcat extension. Those are catalog files. You can also use the search function in the Finder to look for them.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gina,

One piece of good news is that your photos are NOT lost. It's just that for some reason they did not apparently update with the catalog. 

Couple of questions: (What format are these images (raw, jpg)?

Do you have thumbnails for these images with an exclamation point (!) on the thumbnail and when you click on that it says the orginal images are missing?

Here's the big one: how do you keep ALL your photos? That is, are they randomly distributed across your computer's hard drive (and are some of them placed on external drives) or are they always placed within one folder. (FWIW, I always recommend the latter approach as it becomes easier to deal with situations like these. The former can also be dealt with, it's just a tad more work otherwise.

One last question just so I know what we're dealing with here: What is your OS and what release?

Thanks for answering these questions, it'll be easier to know what I'm dealing with to help you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2022 Aug 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have one folder called "Lightroom."  I have man subfolders in that folder. My operating system is Monterey--12.5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In LrC, open the old catalog again so that it does the data migration again, and see if it works correctly this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this worked - thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines