• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mixing Lightroom catalog metadata

Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For two days, all of the metadata (dates, keywords, captions etc.) of my images have mixed up and are no longer on the correct images. The problem remains when I export the image. I immediately tried to open an old catalog backup from 6 months ago but the problem still exists. Is this a problem on my computer (MacBook pro version 10.14.6), on the hard drive, or maybe it's a big bug related to updating Lightroom?
Thanks in advance if you have a solution! I am desperate because 27,000 images are concerned!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please explain "mixed up" further. How do you know? Show us screen captures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMAGE 1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your quick responses. Here is a capture of my Lightroom. The metadata of the selected photo no longer matches: it is a chamois while the caption speaks of an ermine and above all, the photo was taken in winter when the date indicates July. This is the case for my entire catalog. Some of the images are correct (correct date, correct captions / keyword) but the other part is totally mixed up.
Thank you in advance for your help !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the Date and Time setting on your camera.

Delete the folder that has a name of the catalog you are using followed by "Previews.lrdata". You do that with LrC Closed.

Set the "Param. predef to show EXIF & IPTC in whatever that translates to in your language.

Then look for Date Time Digitized, Date Time Original.

But basically LrC only knows what the actual File is telling it.

Since you aren't showing File Name in the tumbnails and you haven't included the Full LrC window it is hard to tell if the image you have selected in your SS is the image the right hand side panel is showing.

2020-12-23 14_02_26-Lightroom.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for this information and happy new year 2021! I still have not been able to resolve the problem, so I get back to you. I displayed the same information on the images as with you. I also tried to do the operations you told me to. I don't know if you can better understand the problem with this screenshot.
The amazing thing is that when I do "show in Finder" the displayed image matches the thumbnail photo, so all the information is correct. I find it hard to understand.

Capture d’écran 2021-01-06 à 16.42.38.pngCapture d’écran 2021-01-01 à 11.08.27.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is possible that your preview cache is no longer showing the proper image for each photo.

What happens if you open the photo in the Develop Module, does it change to a different image, or does it show the same image as in your screen capture?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is an interesting track. When I switch to development mode the image remains the same as in the screenshot.

Capture d’écran 2021-01-06 à 19.48.43.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As an experiment, select this one photo again in the Library module, and the use the menu command Metadata->Read metadata from file

Does this fix the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Going to need to see screen shots of what you are seeing on your screen.

Without them it will be impossible to help you straighten this out, If it can be straightened out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you by any chance delete or rename any of the photos outside of Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't moved or renamed anything recently. About a month ago I inadvertently moved the images that were stuck on my external drive. but I had more or less succeeded in reestablishing the links between the catalog and the images on the disc. what is surprising is that it happens long after this incident when everything was going well. And I did not find any logic in mixing the images. And when I export an image the bad metadata remains ... I haven't found any logic yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ALL your images in the screen shot have the Metadata has changed symbol meaning what is on the disk is different than what is in the Lightroom catalog.  Pick ONE photo and READ the metadata from the file to see if anything clears up.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your screen shot, in the thumbnails, upper righ corner, metadata status badges, three horizontal lines, some metadata issue. Down arrow, hmm, what does the down arrow mean? Up arrow would have been metadata changed externally.

Check for metadata conflicts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ahh

Metadata File Needs To Be Updated icon metadata_unsaved.png

see: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/metadata-basics-actions.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines