• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mobile Downloads.lrdata

Contributor ,
Jan 07, 2018 Jan 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to move this file to an external drive? It is > 100Gb and messing with my laptop. Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is it and why do we need it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's where Lightroom stores images that it downloads from the cloud, such as images you shot on your iPhone. You can change this in the Lightroom preferences and assign any normal folder instead of this 'device'.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can stop images you take on your phone or pad from downloading to your computer by turning off the Sync feature in LR Classic CC.

You can do that in the drop down from the Identity Plate.

Identity Plate Options.png

Or you can stop using LR CC on your phone. Or just stop having LR CC on your phone Auto Upload images you take with your phone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or you can do what the OP asked, continue to use Lightroom Mobile but move the download location to an external disk.

Lightroom.jpg

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even if he moves the storage folder all the files will still take up the space he is trying to regain.

And it Might be possible to move it to an external drive if that drive is connected to the system all the time while LR C CC is running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True, but that's easy to solve. Just like any other photo, he can move those photo files by dragging and dropping to any other location. That includes the new location on the external hard disk.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure why you seem to be argumentative in most of your replies.

We are here to help other users. Not cause arguments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

“Not sure why you seem to be argumentative in most of your replies. We are here to help other users. Not cause arguments.”

Remember that next time you start an argument about whether 'remove' from the catalog and 'delete' from the catalog are the same thing or not, even when Lightroom uses both words for the same thing... I do not think that I'm argumentative in most of my replies, but I do think about what the OP asks and how we can best help him. The OP has over 100 GB of mobile downloads, so it seems to me he is using this extensively. He even may have bought extra cloud storage to accomodate it! That's why I don't think that 'you can stop using Lightroom CC on your mobile phone' is very useful advice. It also does not clear up the 100 GB already on his disk (it would only stop that from growing further), so it also does not answer his question. If it is argumentative to say that, then I'm guilty as charged. And granted; only changing the download location has the same limitation that it does not automatically clear the existing location. He has to do this manually, so I should have added that.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are you accusing me of anything? I am not posting about this topic any more, I posted once about 2 weeks ago, got a good response and have not been near it since!

Please check who you think you are having a go at!

Regards

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave,

I'm not accusing you of anything. I responded to somebody else, who accused me.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not start an argument. I pointed out your terminology was incorrect.

Delete and Remove are not the same thing. You used Delete where you should of said Remove.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here we go again...

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Johan, I follow this to specify location in external drive and see all images are copied to the new folder, but the file Mobile Downloads.lrdata still exists in iMac, can I delete it to save space? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just wish to share what I see on my system. The OP thread heading "Mobile Downloads.lrdata"

I have a file like this on my system sub-folder called "Lightroom" and is the default location for my LrC Catalog file, and related data files and previews are located. I have always been of the view that files stores Data relative to the downloaded image files from my mobile devices  It is just about 3GB which relative to the downloaded image files which at present is under 200 at the moment. See the screen capture.

Screenshot 2020-08-22 at 9.57.01 PM.png

I have a specific folder on my HD and its called "Mobile Photos, this is the folder that I assigned to store the image files synced from my mobile apps. The folder shows in the folder structure in the Library module. See the screen captures.

Screenshot 2020-08-22 at 9.54.03 PM.pngScreenshot 2020-08-22 at 9.52.57 PM.png

I presume the Mobile Downloads.lrdata file is in the Lightroom folder for a specific reason and I would not move it from there.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quote ” I presume the Mobile Downloads.lrdata file is in the Lightroom folder for a specific reason and I would not move it from there.”

I am posting this info to correct any misunderstanding in my post above. I have since learned that the Mobile Downloads.lrdata. File does contain image files.

If you have changed the location to store the image files in the preferences then best to remove the image files from the .lrdata file.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hmm, I do not have this on my install and I shoot a lot of images with my mobile but have the image set to download to my normal folder hierarchy in the already mentioned preference panel. I would guess this is left over from an older install of Lightroom. Do you see any separate entries in the Lightroom interface on the left side for mobile devices (i.e. other than the Macintosh HD entry)? It is possible that this file can be deleted but I would not do that without confirming that the files inside are not needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines