• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moire on picture when exporting from lightroom

Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since yesterday, each picture I exprot from lightroom has strong moire effects on them. How can I fix this. I haven't changed any of my settings and it soes it to old pictures that had no moire when they were exported previusly.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

" I exprot from lightroom has strong moire effects"

That's actually gradient banding or what's known as posterization. I see you're using a maximum 150 Sharpening Amount, which is contributing to this issue. Try keeping it below 100. Also show us you Export module File Settings,  and Output Sharpening settings. It would also help to Export this file with your settings to DNG file format and upload it to a file sharing site.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post sample images in Dropbox or similar to share. Both original and export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom or Lightroom Classic? What version number?

Show us before export screen capture of the photo in Lightroom Classic. Show us the after export screen capture of the photo outside of Lightroom, and state what software is being used to display the exported photo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic. It started yesterday, I thought I needed to run an update, I updated and the issue was still there. DSC_0101-17.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

" I exprot from lightroom has strong moire effects"

That's actually gradient banding or what's known as posterization. I see you're using a maximum 150 Sharpening Amount, which is contributing to this issue. Try keeping it below 100. Also show us you Export module File Settings,  and Output Sharpening settings. It would also help to Export this file with your settings to DNG file format and upload it to a file sharing site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Todd,

Thanks a bunch for your prompt reply. The 100% sharpening was a mistake, not sure what happened there. I usually don't sharpen my images. Any how, I had exported other images yesterday and earlier today that had my ususal edits and the isssue was the same: moire moire moire.... I have the feeling the isseu was on microsoft's side because I just tried again with the same 5 pictures I exported last night and they are fine. I agree with you though I should export to a file sharing site, do you have a recommendation? Also what's your reasoning behind DNG. 

Fab 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"I agree with you though I should export to a file sharing site, do you have a recommendation? Also what's your reasoning behind DNG."

Dropbox is free with 2 GB storage. By exporting to DNG file format your Develop module edits are embedded in the file and applied inside LrC. You could also use CTRL/CMD + S to save them to an XMP file and then upload both the NEF file and XMP file to Dropbox. Copy the share link and paste into a reply here. Also, as mentioned this is not moire. It's gradient banding due to the JPEG file only having 8 bit data. It's ususally easily corrected inside LrC, which I will try to do once I have the file(s).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines