• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Monitor suggestions?

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had an external monitor that got fried a few years back when my house was struck by lightning. I've been doing without for a while but am looking to get a new one now. Thought I'd ask the Lightroom hive mind here for thoughts, suggestions on monitors from your experience. I use a MacBook Pro and would want the monitor to have a USB-C/USB 3.0 connection ideally. Looking at something likely in the 24-27" range, but again, open to any thoughts/suggestions you have, whether specific models or certain specs/features to look for in a monitor! Hopefully this post/thread can turn into a useful resource for others looking to buy a monitor for photo editing. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Standard HD monitors (1920x1080) or (1920x1200) put the least stress on your hardware through Lightroom Classic. Larger monitors require more powerful hardware (GPU and CPU), and essentially when the monitor is 4K or larger and the workflow includes lots of local adjustments, many hardware cannot keep up.

The inches of the monitor are not relevant to what I am saying above (although it may be relevant to your eyes). Only the number of pixels matter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In addition ... I'd go for a 16:10 rather than a 16:9 format monitor. The extras height is very useful in LR, specially on a 24", for a 27" it may not be of the same importance, IMHO.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines