Highlighted

Monthly subscription Photo plan without 1 year subscription period

New Here ,
May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am considering to sign up for for the photo plan in order to use Lightroom classic. I am just using lightroom now and then ( typically around 2-4 times a year), and is therefore looking for a monthly subscription where a can activate it for one month, deactivate subscription and lose access and then reactivate it later, like netflix, Apple Music etc. However, when I look at the options for the photo plan for Norwegian consumers, I see that there is only two options:

- one year plan with monthly payments 

or

- one year plan prepaid. 

so you have to commit to a subscription period of one year in both. I do however see that Adobe is offering monthly subscriptions for the whole CC pack. Are Adobe really not letting us subscribe to lightroom/ photo plan one month at a time without having to commit to a full year?

The best would of course be to just purchase a license but I understand that that ain't possible anymore. 

TOPICS
Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Monthly subscription Photo plan without 1 year subscription period

New Here ,
May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am considering to sign up for for the photo plan in order to use Lightroom classic. I am just using lightroom now and then ( typically around 2-4 times a year), and is therefore looking for a monthly subscription where a can activate it for one month, deactivate subscription and lose access and then reactivate it later, like netflix, Apple Music etc. However, when I look at the options for the photo plan for Norwegian consumers, I see that there is only two options:

- one year plan with monthly payments 

or

- one year plan prepaid. 

so you have to commit to a subscription period of one year in both. I do however see that Adobe is offering monthly subscriptions for the whole CC pack. Are Adobe really not letting us subscribe to lightroom/ photo plan one month at a time without having to commit to a full year?

The best would of course be to just purchase a license but I understand that that ain't possible anymore. 

TOPICS
Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 30, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, some of the really expensive subscriptions are actually available for a month-by-month subscription at a noticeably higher price than the yearly subscription.

Unfortunately, the Lightroom bundle subscriptions are only available at the yearly subscription.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 30, 2020 0
GoldingD LATEST
LEGEND ,
May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you subscribe to an Adobe Plan you are committing to a year. You can pay month by month or for twelve months at a time. When you pay for an entire year you get a small, as in microscopic, decrease in total price. (at least in the U.S.)

You cannot start and stop and start again.

But, remember, we are not Adobe employees, just fellow customers.

Now be very very careful when you pick a plan. The program called Lightroom includes only Lightroom, and by Lightroom, they mean the cloud centric app that you run on your computer, but store photos on the cloud (also known as to us old grumpy customers as Lightroom Cloudy, or even meaner Lightroom POS) It is a lot less capable than Lightroom Classic. You probably want Lightroom Classic, and that via one if the Photography Plans.

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 10.0, PS 22.0; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.7; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 30, 2020 0