Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mouse scroll does not move sliders on develop module

New Here ,
Dec 31, 2018 Dec 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

On the new Lightroom CC my mouse scroll is unable to move the sliders when editing in develop module.

Im on Windows 10, and I cannot efficiently do the editing when I need to click every single slider to adjust every presets, it doesnt allow me to make very small adjustments quickly.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

Any help would be extremely appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 01, 2019 Jan 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume that you're using Lightroom Classic CC, since the newer cloud-based Lightroom CC doesn't have a Develop module.  I haven't heard of this issue, but I'd suggest resetting your preferences - this resolves all kinds of buggy behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2019 Jan 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I swear I had posted this discussion on Lightroom CC, not the classic, maybe it had been moved by someone.

I am having this issue in Lightroom CC. I called it develop module as it is the equivalent of develop module in L Classic CC. I had only recently tried using L CC, so I dont know what the function is now called. Maybe its now called the Edit module if not Develop?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies. You are correct, it was posted it in the Lr CC forum. I moved it to Lr Classic forum as it was referring to a module that doesn't exist in Lr CC.

FWIW, I don't believe using the scroll-wheel to adjust the sliders is supported. If it is then it's not universally supported in either Windows or macOS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>> "FWIW, I don't believe using the scroll-wheel to adjust the sliders is supported. If it is then it's not universally supported in either Windows or macOS."

In my LR Classic 8.1, running on Windows 10, it works. After clicking on a slider it moves +/- in 5 unit steps with the wheel, except for a few exceptions (Exposure moves +/- 0.10 steps, Temperature with 250K jumps and Ratio in Sharpening sometimes changes by 0.2 and sometimes by 0.3.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

elie_di  wrote

In my LR Classic 8.1, running on Windows 10, it works.

Same mistake as I made, the OP was referring to Lightroom CC, not Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've got the same problem just by just replacing an old microsoft mouse with a new one. With the old one moving the sliders by turning the wheel works by steps with each snap of the wheel. The new one, a "Microsoft Comfort Mouse 4500" has a wheel which runs freely without that snaps and with that the sliders don't move. So I guess, that the events from the scroll wheel are kind of different and lightroom doesn't react on the events from the smooth running wheel as they are the same which are sent from the touch pad, when you shift the page with two fingers.

(Windows 10, Lightroom Classic 9.2.1)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines