Highlighted

Move command not working correctly.

Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just upgraded to LRCC. When moving from "last import" to desired folder, item appears in both folders. If I delete photo from last import, it also disappears in the folder I moved it to.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Move command not working correctly.

Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just upgraded to LRCC. When moving from "last import" to desired folder, item appears in both folders. If I delete photo from last import, it also disappears in the folder I moved it to.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 09, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say "Last Import" do you mean the link in the Catalog section that in English reads "Previous Import"?

Previous Import.PNG

If that is what you are asking about then that is just a Shortcut to images from your last import.

And Yes deleting images from either that link, "Previous Import", or the actual folder the images are store in will delete them from your hard drive depending on what option you select in the Remove Photo/s dialog box.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 09, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but in the past I have done a move from "Previous Import" ( pardon my lackadaisical terminology) by selecting the image in grid mode, then dragging and dropping it to the selected folder. This removed the image from the grid mode display and placed in the selected folder. Now the image is in both places,

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 09, 2017 0
Sep 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no need to move photos from Previous import to the desired folder.

The photos are already in the folder you imported from.

Previous import is just a collection, or virtual folder if you like, to show you what you last imported.

If you want to move photos from one folder to another, do it in the folders panel, or use your OS to move them, and then reconnect Lightoom with the new folder.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 09, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I must be totally confused. Ever since I get LR I have always done an import and then selected  the various items from

"Previous Import"  to the various folders I want them to end up in. As I moved the items to the desired folder they no longer appeared in "Previous Import" which allowed me to keep track of which items I still had to move and process. I thought an item had to go through the import process to end up in the catalog. I understood that moving items into cataloged folders without going through import was a good way to cause problems. I appears that I will have to review my understand of the process. Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 09, 2017 0
Sep 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Previous Import is just a Shortcut that groups together the images from your last import. It is not a folder on your hard drive.

During the import process you should be selecting the drive and folder you want the images copied to.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 09, 2017 0