Highlighted

Move folders in LR Classic 9.2.1

Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to move a folder of images by click & drag to a new location in anotehr folder.  But now LR Clasic is refusing to move the folder -  I can drag it over, but then it pops back where it was.  Has the command changed?  did I inadvertently change something else?  How to get it back? Runnign a LightRoom Classic 9.2.1 on a Mac Pro, Mac OS10.15.5

TOPICS
How to, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Move folders in LR Classic 9.2.1

Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to move a folder of images by click & drag to a new location in anotehr folder.  But now LR Clasic is refusing to move the folder -  I can drag it over, but then it pops back where it was.  Has the command changed?  did I inadvertently change something else?  How to get it back? Runnign a LightRoom Classic 9.2.1 on a Mac Pro, Mac OS10.15.5

TOPICS
How to, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 27, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing changed. Maybe you drag the folder to where it already is, without realising that. Or perhaps you try to drag it to a location that Lightroom has no permission to access.

-- Johan W. Elzenga, http://www.johanfoto.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 28, 2020 0
dj_paige LATEST
LEGEND ,
Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most likely you do not have write permission to the folder with the photos, or you do not have writer permission to the folder where you are dragging the photos into.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 28, 2020 0