• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Move Lightroom and Photoshop from c:// to d:// disk

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to move Lightroom and Photoshop c:// to d://  disk, or do I have to uninstall / install ?  The c:// is full, even after cleaning up and defragmantation.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The programs are best left on the C drive in their normal install locations.

Your pictures and LR catalog are the things taking up all the space and can be on any drive. Most would recommend NOT the C drive. You can easily copy the Lightroom catalog and your images to a different drive using Windows File Explorer.

My catalog(s) are at D:\Lr9_catalogs

while my images are at E:\from_camera

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is only possible by first uninstalling both programs, making a change to the CC desktop to install other Adobe programs to some other drive and then reinstalling those programs.

But both programs will still install parts to the C system drive. I suggest you move other files off the c drive instead of going through moving LrC and Ps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines