• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Move Original RAW files from Classic to Cloud

Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone. So, I have been using Lightroom CC for the majority of my workflow. However, I recently installed Classic to add geolocations to images that lacked them on recent shoots. In these cases, my workflow was SD Card -> Import into Lightroom Classic -> Add location data -> Add images to Synced Photographs. Everything showed up on Lightroom CC with no issues. Did some editing in CC, figured all was good.

However, just now I noticed that for these files, the Cloud sync status says "smart preview only." I was under the impression—mistakenly, obviously—that sync between these apps was bidirectional, but now it looks like some of my original raw files are "trapped" in Lightroom Classic and only stored locally. Is there an easy way to a) find all images in CC that are not fully backed up, and b) replace those with the originals from Lightroom Classic? Will I just have to export and re-import? Is there a way to do that without duplicating? Since I assumed this was just working, I don't have detailed notes about which specific files this pertains to.

Thanks for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Okay—going to answer my own question here. Awesomely, CC is smart enough to detect that you a re-importing an original file, and it does not make a duplicate. So you can actually just import all of the original RAWs from wherever Classic is storing your files and they will be replaced. Whew! And voila!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay—going to answer my own question here. Awesomely, CC is smart enough to detect that you a re-importing an original file, and it does not make a duplicate. So you can actually just import all of the original RAWs from wherever Classic is storing your files and they will be replaced. Whew! And voila!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines