Highlighted

Moved files to a replacement drive with different name

Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had 4 small hard drives with pictures that were catalogued in Lightroom classic. I then bought a large drive and transferred all the photos from the 4 small ones to the one large drive. When I opened Lightroom ofcourse all I had was missing files. When I directed Lightroom to the new location it found all the files but all the categorized info such as color coding, stars, and which category it belong to, all was lost! Do I have to go categorize each photo all over again? I have about 100,000!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Moved files to a replacement drive with different name

Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had 4 small hard drives with pictures that were catalogued in Lightroom classic. I then bought a large drive and transferred all the photos from the 4 small ones to the one large drive. When I opened Lightroom ofcourse all I had was missing files. When I directed Lightroom to the new location it found all the files but all the categorized info such as color coding, stars, and which category it belong to, all was lost! Do I have to go categorize each photo all over again? I have about 100,000!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 08, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was all the categorized data there before you did all the "find missing folder" ?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 09, 2020 0
dj_paige LATEST
LEGEND ,
Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I then bought a large drive and transferred all the photos from the 4 small ones to the one large drive."

Please explain what you did, in detail, step-by-step. Did it include importing the photos again?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 09, 2020 0