Highlighted

Moved folder not viewable

Engaged ,
Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From within LR, I have moved some folders to another drive but the folders still appear (along with the images) on the original drive. Attempted tp move them again and I am advised the folder already exists on the new drive. Not visable within Lightroom, but when the drive is viewed from Explorer, those folders are there. Why can I see them from Explorer but not from Lightroom?

Windows 10 and LR 9.2.1

Bob

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Moved folder not viewable

Engaged ,
Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From within LR, I have moved some folders to another drive but the folders still appear (along with the images) on the original drive. Attempted tp move them again and I am advised the folder already exists on the new drive. Not visable within Lightroom, but when the drive is viewed from Explorer, those folders are there. Why can I see them from Explorer but not from Lightroom?

Windows 10 and LR 9.2.1

Bob

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 06, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Attempted tp move them again and I am advised the folder already exists on the new drive."

Why? If you already moved them once, why do the move again (this seems logically impossible)? How could you do the same move a 2nd time? Could you please provide more details about what you did, step-by-step?

"Not visable within Lightroom"

Where are you looking within Lightroom? Are you looking at the old location in Lightroom, or are you looking at the new location in Lightroom where you moved them?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 06, 2020 0
Engaged ,
Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I attempted to move them again because they are still showing as being on my H drive (where they have always resided) in spite of me moving them to my J drive.

Where am I looking in Lightroom? On the J drive from within Lightroom.

How can the folders appear on my J drive when viewed from Explorer yet not apear on my J drive when viewed from Lightroom?

I was alway told to make all moves from within Lightroom not outside of Lightroom. Wrong info?

Lighroom does NOT showing them as missing...it doesn't show the folders as even existing in J.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 06, 2020 0
dj_paige LATEST
LEGEND ,
Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"How can the folders appear on my J drive when viewed from Explorer yet not apear on my J drive when viewed from Lightroom?"

Lightroom is not a file browser. It only knows about what is in its database (i.e. what files have been imported and where they reside according to its database).

Yes, this is one of the perils of organizing by folders in LIghtroom. You make a mistake, and suddenly a folder is not where you think it should be. What you need to do is find one of the files in Lightroom, by using these steps:

1. In the Lightroom Library Module, on the left, under Catalog, click on All Photographs
2. Turn off all filters (Ctrl-L once or twice)
3. Turn off all stacking (Photo->Stacking->Expand All Stacks)
4. Search for at least one of these photos by file name using the Lightroom Filter Bar

5. When you have found one of the files then you right click on it and select "Go to Folder in Library" and see what folder is now highlighted in the Folder Panel.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 06, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah you moved them Outside of LR and Lr is NOT a File manager. It does not know you moved them.

Like if you pasked your car on street X and your Wife came by and moved it from street X to street Y and never told you, you would think someone Stole your car.

LR is showing those images as MISSING.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 06, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just in case, see:

http://www.computer-darkroom.com/lr2_find_folder/find-folder.htm

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 10.0, PS 22.0; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.7; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 06, 2020 0