Highlighted

Moved L6 to new computer, now Adobe wants a serial number

Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi: I moved my C: drive to a new motherboard, processor etc. I have Lightroom 6 which isn't supported by Adobe, yet they are providing popups demanding a serial number. I fill in my legitamate serial number and I'm told I've reached the limit of two computers and to remove Lightroom from one of them. But I can't just delete one of my legitimate copies. One on desktop, one on laptop.

I'm further told that my, new to me, "trial" copy will die in 29 days. I'm not impressed and you cannot even download the program anymore.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Thanks

Donald

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator}

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Moved L6 to new computer, now Adobe wants a serial number

Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi: I moved my C: drive to a new motherboard, processor etc. I have Lightroom 6 which isn't supported by Adobe, yet they are providing popups demanding a serial number. I fill in my legitamate serial number and I'm told I've reached the limit of two computers and to remove Lightroom from one of them. But I can't just delete one of my legitimate copies. One on desktop, one on laptop.

I'm further told that my, new to me, "trial" copy will die in 29 days. I'm not impressed and you cannot even download the program anymore.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Thanks

Donald

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator}

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 07, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been a long time since v6, so this might be wrong, might be more a subscription thing

Bring up Adobe.com

Sign in, select to Manage your account

More murkey at this step, if you had a plan, you would look at your plan, then at the bottom you could deactivate the offending old computer

That failing, cross fingers, chat with adobe.

You may need to look at your products, then similarly deactivate the offending computer. Only works if tou registered ( and as such would not work at all pre v6)

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 10.0, PS 22.0; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.7; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 07, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Davidg: That failed because my L6 doesn't even show up in my account anymore! So I tried a chat with Adobe without much belief it would work. Absolutely astounded. Short wait, put through to someone who knew what they were doing and my problem solved quickly. I even got a download of L6. If Adobe put the same effort into making real improvements to Lightroom instead of taking money for window dressing I could think about trying Classic again. But the competition is catching up and very much ahead in some areas. Also appalled that while Adobe does not support L6 it still calls home and then irritates you. Anyway, I can't grumble too much for my old L6 works again.

Thanks for your  reply.

Donald

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 07, 2020 0
GoldingD LATEST
LEGEND ,
Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on experiences of other members chat with Adobe, you may want to go and play the Lottery. It appears to be your day.

Happy you and Adobe solved.

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 10.0, PS 22.0; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.7; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 07, 2020 0