• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moved photo folder. Don't want to move any photos

Explorer ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved all of my photos to OneDrive on a new drive (off C drive). Now, when I import photos to a new LRC catalog, it is moving all of the actual files to that folder. I don't want to duplicate all of my pictures, I just want them to stay where they are. I can't find a settings in LRC to fix that? Do I have to start over, or can I just delete all of those photos. I already have them on the drive and I did not need to repeat it.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now, when I import photos to a new LRC catalog, it is moving all of the actual files to that folder.

When you Import, you have a choice of COPY, MOVE, ADD. if you don't want LrC to place your photos in some other folder, select ADD, which leaves the photos where they are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many options in LrC, appear as they were last set. So, in  Import, if you selected Copy last time you imported, then Copy will show up. (hmm, Copy a poor examp,e, as right out if the box, that is default, but you get the idea)

Another such setting that could be affecting you, in Import, is Destination, that will show up as where you previously Imported to,.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, but I don't know how to change that. Where do I set that? I think the issue is my back up location. So, I deleted LIghtroom from Onedrive, and It is closed on my PC. The Lightroom folder just shows back up after 1 min.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines