Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving a Photo in the Maps Module

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

I shoot with cameras that supply GPS data with every picture taken.

When reviewing the photos in the Maps Module, the displayed position where the photo(s) was taken is occasionally inaccurate.

In the past, I was able to move the selected photo(s) to the correct location, and the GPS coordinates would be updated.  I'm no longer able to do this.

A review of the documentation (https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/help/maps-module.html) does not instruct how to do this.

Has this feature been removed?

Regards,

Don

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it's still there. Drag the photo (the thumbnail not the frame) from the filmstrip and drop it on the map.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it shows on the map but in the wrong location, you should be able to click and drag the photo from the wrong location to the new one.    What happens when you try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John and Joe,

Thank you for your responses pointing out the ability to drag from the filmstrip.  Dragging from the film strip does work, but that's not what I'm trying to do

For example, I took eight pictures in the same location.  When displayed in the Maps Module they appear in two places as seen below.  What I used to be able to do was drag the selected set (yellow 4) over to the correctly located group.  I don't remember which key combination allowed the drag, but it did work at one time. 

Regards,

Don

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That may be a trick of memory. When you click the 4 that is now yellow, those 4 are selected in the filmstrip and you can now drag and drop them elsewhere. When you drag them over the orange location, it briefly changes colour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I'll concede some trickery of memory.  But, I was able to consolidate photos within the map portion of the UI.  Until now, I had no idea that you could use the filmstrip in this fashion.

Hopefully, someone will support my claim.

Btw, I'm using a MacBook Pro and have been a (light to moderate) user of LR for nearly two years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just spent half an hour trying to move a group of 14 incorrectly GPS tagged images (they were tagged in camera using the GPS location off my phone so the origin of the problem was the phone's reported coordinates). Anyway, no mater what I did I could not move the affected images. In the end I figured that deleting the GPS data from those images and then dragging them from the filmstrip to the map would be a good work-around. But no, I was unable to drag and drop either the group of images nor a single image. So resorting to "Helpdesk 101" I quit LR and relaunched it. Then it worked as expected and I could drag the whole group of images to the exact location on the map. Thanks Adobe, that cost me half an hour of my life that I will never see again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines