Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving Catalogue

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2020 Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am on Lightroom 6 at the moment and looking to upgrade to Lightroom CC Classic. Can anybody help with how I move over my Lightroom catalogue to CC Classic? Assuming I don't use Lightroom CC cloud version does Classic act like Lightroom 6 that the software is on my computer and files stored on my hard drive? Only the pictures I move to the cloud will show in my iPad or iPhone for editing and are stored there presumably? 

Thanks all. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do not need to move aanything.

After you upgrade Lightroom Classic, when you first start Lightroom Classic, and open your catalog, you will be asked to,allow Lightroom Classic to upgrade your catalog. What will actually happen is the old v6 catalog will be copied and modified to work with the newer SQL Lite database engine that is Lightroom Classic. Your old catalog will remain, untouched, a copy with a similar name (a suffix like -2 will be added)

see:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-upgrade-catalog/

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/catalog-faq-lightroom.html

If you have additional cataalogs, same will apply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you for that really quick and helpful reply. I assume my photos stay in the same place on my hard drive and by the sounds of it a V2 catalogue gets created which keeps all my edits and metadata I assume? 

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes.

Long time since v5, and v6, fairly surevhad you run v5, then when you went to v6, same thing would have occured

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on Lightroom 6 at the moment and looking to upgrade to Lightroom CC Classic. Can anybody help with how I move over my Lightroom catalogue to CC Classic?

Already explained by DavidG. By the way, there is no "move" involved.

Assuming I don't use Lightroom CC cloud version does Classic act like Lightroom 6 that the software is on my computer and files stored on my hard drive?

Lightroom Classic is the direct descendant of Lightroom 6, it operates exactly the same, with some new features.

Only the pictures I move to the cloud will show in my iPad or iPhone for editing and are stored there presumably?

Again, this is not really a "move". You have to specify collections to share with Lightroom Mobile (aka "the cloud"), but your photos are not moved. Lower resolution copies of the photos in these collections are created and sent to the cloud for use on iPad or other device, and for sharing if you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines