Moving from Mac to PC

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey I'm looking for tips/help on how to best set up my system for photo editing on in Windows 10

I am using lightroom and photoshop, and notice the following obstacles:

When I right click to open a photo from LR to photoshop, I have to right click, select open, and then select the application i want. 3 steps when with my mac i can just drag the file to my photoshop icon in the sidebar. Is this really my only choice? 

Also, when you right click to reveal the original file in the folder, it only takes you to the folder. not the file itself. so basically im wasting a ton of time by switching from mac to pc and I am praying there are solutions. I know people edit in windows, and no way they are wasting so much time. 

Looking for any tips on how to most effectively use these programs in Windows 10. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Moving from Mac to PC

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey I'm looking for tips/help on how to best set up my system for photo editing on in Windows 10

I am using lightroom and photoshop, and notice the following obstacles:

When I right click to open a photo from LR to photoshop, I have to right click, select open, and then select the application i want. 3 steps when with my mac i can just drag the file to my photoshop icon in the sidebar. Is this really my only choice? 

Also, when you right click to reveal the original file in the folder, it only takes you to the folder. not the file itself. so basically im wasting a ton of time by switching from mac to pc and I am praying there are solutions. I know people edit in windows, and no way they are wasting so much time. 

Looking for any tips on how to most effectively use these programs in Windows 10. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 14, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To edit in Photoshop, press Ctrl + E.

When I right click an image in Library and choose Show in Explorer, I get to see both the folder and the selected file.

I'm using an Explorer replacement called Directory Opus, but that shouldn't make any difference.

Maybe you need to set up the File Explorer to display folders on the left and files on the right. I haven't used it for many years, Directory Opus is so much better.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 14, 2020 0
Tony_See LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am wondering if setting the LRC > Preference > External Editing and choosing the appropriate application would help that?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 14, 2020 0