• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving images and using previews in Lightroom Print Module

Participant ,
Dec 10, 2017 Dec 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi -- as much as I knew about Lightroom Classic CC - Stumped.

I am putting together some contact sheets and like to have the title below the image on one set and the filename below on another set of contact sheets to cross reference.

Am I to believe you can't switch around photos in the print module?  In other words, only can go in the order of the thumbnails?  And in book, you can't automate information on multiple levels? 

And also in Nook or Print, it should have the ability to use 1:1 previews to print a draft - you shouldn't need full rez files attached if you have the preview files. 

Thanks,

JA

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 10, 2017 Dec 10, 2017

I am putting together some contact sheets and like to have the title below the image on one set and the filename below on another set of contact sheets to cross reference.

Not being sure of your intent-

You will need to design two separate 'Contact Sheet' templates- One showing Filename, the other showing Title.

Am I to believe you can't switch around photos in the print module?  In other words, only can go in the order of the thumbnails?

Before going to the Print module, add your photos to a Collec

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not being sure of your intent-

You will need to design two separate 'Contact Sheet' templates- One showing Filename, the other showing Title.

Am I to believe you can't switch around photos in the print module?  In other words, only can go in the order of the thumbnails?

Before going to the Print module, add your photos to a Collection and sort them any way you want. (drag & drop, or choose a sort option) then go to the Print module and the Contact sheet will follow the order you set in the Collection.

And in book, you can't automate information on multiple levels?

Do you mean maybe "titles" on all photos?

Yes you can.

Designing an "Auto Layout" preset has an option to [Add Photo Text] which would happen on all pages.

Then you might go Menu > Edit > Select all Text Cells,

In the Text Panel set the preset to the {Photo Text} metadata you want to show, and set the "Type" options in the Type panel-

ScreenShot018.jpg

Note that [Custom Text] is the one option that will (annoyingly?) display the same custom text on every photo!

use 1:1 previews to print a draft

I never needed this so cannot comment.

But thinking- allowing previews to be used  might lead to disappointment if (accidentally) used for the final print to book.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ahh -- you're right, you have to move them in Library/Collection, prior to printing to PDF/Contact Sheet, etc.  That's a great tip. 

And also right about selecting multiple in order to place text/metadata in the contact sheet. 

Thanks.

JA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines