• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving Lightroom 5 to a New Computer with Only the Serial Number

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the serial number for a Lightrom 5 program that I've used for years.  I've recently upgraded my computer and need to switch the program to my new computer. 

I do not have the program on my Adobe online account. 

I have tried registering the product on my Adobe account by entering the serial number and, when I do so, it claims my serial number is "invalid".  

I called Adobe and they said that the only way they could help me is if I find proof of purchase for the program.  I literally bought the program over 5 years ago and am on my 3rd computer so I do not believe I have a proof of purchase.  And currently I cannot search my computer stuff because I've recently moved and do not have access to them.

In the past I was able to transfer Lightroom from an old computer to a new one by finding a certain file in the Lightroom files on "My Computer" and copying it to a USB and then putting it on the new computer's hard drive.  Is that no longer possible?  It was so easy last time so I don't know why this is so complicated.

In conclusion, I have the serial number for my Lightroom 5.3.  Adobe says my serial number is invalid so I can't register the product to get the installer downloaded.  Is there any other way to transfer Adobe from my old computer to the new one?

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not an answer, but just in case. What is the OS on the new computer. If MACOS Catalina, or Big SUR, that is a fatal problem to installing LR 1 thru LR 6. Cannot run 32 bit install programs on CATALINA  or Bug Sur. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am moving the program from a MAC OS to a Windows OS. Is it possible to move it? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As GoldingD said, if you're on Mac OS 10.15 or later, you won't be able to install LR 5, since its installer is 32-bit, and 10.15 and 11 don't run 32-bit programs.  If you have 10.14 or earlier, you can download LR 5 from here:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/lightroom-4-4-download-page-or-url/m-p/10776478?pag...

If your serial number is valid, you should be able to enter it directly into the program.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for that link. I will try them out asap and hope the serial number works! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Obviously, you don't have a valid serial number.

If you bought the software from somewhere other than Adobe, they usually provided you with a Redemption Code, which is not a serial number, but could be turned into a serial number at a specific Adobe web site. Is that what you have? You can't activate the software with a Redemption Code, and I don't even know if Redemption codes can be turned into serial numbers any more.

If you are on Windows, you may be able to obtain the serial number on your old computer via software known as Belarc Advisor.

Other than that, you need to keep better records of software purchases and of your working serial numbers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went to "Help" and then "System Info" and found the serial number there under "serial number". It said nothing about a redemption code. 

Yes I should have kept better track of my program but that's not something I can stress about right now. 🙃. I'll do better from this point forward. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"I am moving the program from a MAC OS to a Windows OS. Is it possible to move it?"

Yes, LR 5 runs on Windows.  Download the last version 5.7.1 from here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/lightroom-4-4-download-page-or-url/m-p/10776478?pag...

Then install it and enter your serial number.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines