• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving Lightroom 5 to new computer: files to copy?

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm aboout to move my LR catalog and photographs from my old Windows 7 computer (LR5) to my new Windows 10 one with the latest Adobe photography package.

I’ve read the Lightroom Queen’s ebook, where she lists all the files you need to copy.

As I never changed any of the settings in my old LR or imported any presets, am I right in thinking I can get away with just copying the image files themselves plus the catalog and backups.

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator} 

{Thread title edited by moderator}

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Since you have not imported any presets or installed any plug-ins to Lightroom, you can just move the images and catalog to the new computer.

Once you open the catalog on the new computer after installing Lightroom, you may need to re-link the images with the new location of the images on the computer. For that, you can check: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/locate-missing-photos.html

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Nikunj - that worked. My user folder has a different name on the new computer, but I did Find Folder, then chose to Merge and it all worked ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Above. The Lightroom Queen's website has all the info you need for transferring LR from one computer to another.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines