Moving Lightroom Classic CC to new mac with Catalina

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been waiting in an Adobe Support chat for 1:10 while he researches an answer to this question.

I just moved to a new iMac with Catalina.  I did do the update for LR Classic CC, but did not open it because I knew that I have not yet upgraded/updated my catelog that is on my old computer running High Sierra.  I noticed on the Support website that it is not recommended to open a catelog that is still release 7.5.

So what do I do?  If I upgrade the catelog while it is still on the old computer, will I be able to then open it on Catalina? Would it run without problems?  Should I not put Lightroom on the new computer?

I did move the current catelog to the new computer. If I click on it to open it will it launch the LR app and convert it to the new catelog update? Should I open the update and try to import it or open the catelog?

It is now 1:25 minutes.  Do you think the support person is still there?

TOPICS
Download and install, How to, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
WobertC LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you need to know is all listed here-

Move Lightroom to a new computer? | The Lightroom Queen

AND- Download the free eBook that also covers the topic in more detail.

"I did move the current catelog to the new computer. If I click on it to open it will it launch the LR app and convert it to the new catelog update?"

Yes. The "app" being Lightroom-CLASSIC!. You also need the photo files in the new computer. I presume you have copied them also!

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 10.1.1, Photoshop 22.2, Lightroom 4.1, Windows-10 Nikon DSLR.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more