• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving Lightroom Presets

Engaged ,
Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wondering if there is a way to move the presets you created in a specific order within a folder you created? They seem to go alphabetical or numerical if you decide to number them. I do real estate photography and have presets I created for exterior, interior, & aerial shots and want them in a specific order so they aren't all over the place within my real estate folder. I tried numbering them but that doesn't always work in my favor. Any advise would be helpful. Wish you could just click & move in the order you would like to have them presented. Thanks for reading hope someone can help....jerry

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jerryp97433002,

I can't think of a way to move presets in a specific order as you've mentioned. I would recommend that you create a new discussion on our feedback community so that our engineers can review your feature request and work on it accordingly. Here's the link for Lightroom feedback community: Lightroom Classic CC | Photoshop Family Customer Community ​

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What doesn’t work in your favor when you number them?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If numbering them orders them as you would like them to appear that is a great workaround... did that work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it didn't, see for yourself, numbered ones at the top & bottom.

Screenshot (50).jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Prefix the preset name with number. For example 1 Ambient, 2 Ambient, 3 Ambient, 4 Ambient Vertical

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try 01, 02, 03...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 14, 2018 Jul 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll give that a shot, I think its just the nature of the beast.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it didn't, see for yourself, numbered ones at the top & bottom.

LR 7.4 still has bugs with properly sorting presets: Lightroom Classic 7.3: Develop presets not sorting correctly | Photoshop Family Customer Community . Please add your constructive opinion to that bug report, and be sure to click Me Too and Follow in the upper-right corner. That will make it a little more likely Adobe will prioritize a fix.

As a workaround, you can use the Fix Ordering command of the free Fix Presets plugin to correct the order.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 14, 2018 Jul 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'll give that a shot when I have some free time thanks. I tried posting already and when I went to post it asked me for my sign on, I was already signed in. I don't thin k it ever posted....a bug on the site maybe, I'll try again. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See for yourself what I mean, sorry its so large, that it would come across smaller. Most are alphabetical however the numbered ones are at the top & bottom.

Screenshot (50).jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines