• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving photos to external hard drive.

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to Lightroom and struggling! I imported all of my photos from Elements 2018 into Lightroom. To free up space on my iMac I decided to move all my photos from Lightroom to an external hard drive. I put the hard drive in folders and created a file to move them too. When I click and drag the individual albums or the whole collection they just run back! The arrow in the file is greyed out. I have tried resetting preferences but to no avail. I have watched a YouTube video on this and it looks very easy!

Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lightroom or Lightroom Classic?

What version NUMBER?

"When I click and drag the individual albums or the whole collection they just run back!"

Click and drag the albums (there are no albums in Lightroom Classic) to WHERE? Also you cannot move collections to a different disk. They exist only inside the catalog. You can move photos or folders.

If you are talking about Lightroom Classic (are you?) then the method to move FOLDERs  to a different disk is given in "Part 2 — Updating Folder Location" of this document: http://www.computer-darkroom.com/lr2_find_folder/find-folder.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines