• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

moving pictures from Grid to Collections

Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Creating a new Collection I cannot drag any photos from Grid to the Collection.  If I highlight photo(s) and say to include them in Collection that will work but then I cannot add any photos later to the same collection.  I am trying to drag the photos from the "All Photographs" in Catalog.

Background: Just migrated 20,000 plus photos from Aperture.  Went OK all things considered but some Albums did not transfer.  Thats OK as this is an opportunity for some  badly needed housecleaning I have been procrastinating.

I have only added 20 pictures directly to LR and cannot move them or older pictures

This should be the most straightforward easy process amidst all that is more complicated. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

When you do the drag, you start by placing your mouse in the center of the photo (not in the grey area surrounding the photo) and then hold the mouse button down and drag.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you do the drag, you start by placing your mouse in the center of the photo (not in the grey area surrounding the photo) and then hold the mouse button down and drag.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, was very frustrating and then the simplest of solutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find that the easiest way to do this is to designate the collection as the "Target Collection" either when creating the collection or later with a right-click on the collection name. Then a press on the B key will add any images that have been selected in the grid to the collection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I’ll give that a try, sounds useful, and thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Duh! Just when I had been congratulating myself on doing well on other elements of LR I get tripped up by the simplest of things.  The burden of frustration has been lifted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And just to complicate things () You can highlight a bunch of images and then right-click  on the collection and choose to add the highlighted images to that collection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is a worthwhile little trick and one I could see as being useful. I need to get back into appreciating the joys of right-click which is control-click for me

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines