• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MP4 files not named correctly

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2019 Jul 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have import some MP4 files and when I've renamed them instead of using the created date it has used the date that I imported the file.

{Date (month DD, YYYY)>>} {sequence # (01)>>} {Custom Text} is the options I have chosen.

so instead of it been named January 22, 2019 01 Video it is June 28, 01 Video.

I am very new to Lightroom and wondered if someone could help me rectify this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Katie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Katie,

That does not sound right, as the date is shown as the imported date, could you please share a screenshot of the panle where the date is shown?

Also, what version of Lightroom and the operating system you're using?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sahil,

please see a screen shot of my Lightroom and of my preset. I am currently using lightroom classic and windows 10, thanks

2019-07-01.png2019-07-01 (1).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the screenshot.
Could you please go to View > View Options, under the Grid View Tab choose Capture Date/Time under Show Header with Labels as shown below?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2019 Jul 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately this hasn't corrected the issue, this has just changed to view in name Lightroom not the name of the file.

lightroom.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

katies68667033  wrote

I have import some MP4 files and when I've renamed them instead of using the created date it has used the date that I imported the file.

{Date (month DD, YYYY)>>} {sequence # (01)>>} {Custom Text} is the options I have chosen.

I am very new to Lightroom and wondered if someone could help me rectify this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Katie

Is the OS MAC or WIN?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Katie, LR has long had problems reading the capture dates of videos.  Sometimes it gets them right, sometimes it gets them wrong.  To verify this is what's happening to you:

1. Do the menu command Help > System Info and copy and paste the first ten lines here, so we know exactly which software versions you're running. (Unfortunately, the CC updater often fools people into thinking they're on "the latest".)

2. In Library, select one of the misnamed videos.

3. Post a screenshot of the Metadata panel on the right. It should look similar to this:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for your help, please see below the information you required, I am currently using windows 10.

Lightroom system info.jpgLightroom Metadata.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your Metadata panel shows that LR thinks the capture date is 10 January 2019, so that's good. But you might still be tripping over one the bugs, where what LR displays in the Metadata panel doesn't match what it uses for renaming and other purposes.  Two more screenshots, please:

1. In the Metadata panel, click the dropdown that says Default and select EXIF. With the video selected, paste that screenshot, e.g.

2. Follow Sahil's steps above for configuring the Library grid view options: Re: MP4 files not named correctly . Then do View > Grid View Style > Expanded Cells. Paste a screenshot of the video's thumbnail, e.g. like this:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope what i've attached is correct, I really appreciate your help

Video thumbnail.jpgEXIF metadata.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, it doesn't appear you've been struck by those known bugs, since the capture dates shown on the thumbnail, the Metadata > Default panel, and the Metadata > EXIF panel all match.

Some more troubleshooting based on my re-reading various threads:

1. Select one of the videos, do Metadata > Edit Capture Time, and click Change. That won't actually change the capture date, but it could work around some bugs.  Then do Library > Rename Photo with your renaming preset.  Does the photo rename correctly?

2. Create a renaming preset from scratch using the same tokens. Does that newly created renaming preset work correctly?

3. If steps 1 and 2 don't help, upload a sample video that isn't renaming properly to Dropbox or similar and post the sharing link here. I can see if it happens in my LR and what a workaround might be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2019 Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you steps 1 & 2 seem to have worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 03, 2019 Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good. Now that you have a new renaming preset from step 2, you might see if step 1 is necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While the following would not be what is fouling the names up, I have noticed a possible issue from your system information.

Does your notebook only have an integrated graphics chip (Intel), Or should your rig be showing something more for Graphic Processor Info.

And, your copy of LR Classic is trying but failing to use OpenGL. Does whatever you have support DirectX?  Look at the following link, and note solution 3

Adobe Lightroom GPU Troubleshooting and FAQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines