Multiple Computers with different external hard drives

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe Community...here is my question...any advice is appreciated:   I have a Mac Laptop with One external hard drive containing photos.....I use Lightroom Classic.  NEXT...I Have a computer at home connected to another external hard drive.  Here is my question: Regardless of where I do my work in lightroom, will I be able to edit photos regardless of which computer I am using?  ( I keep both computers and external hard drives seperate).  In other words, If I made edits on the laptop (from photos to that corresponding external hard drive)...then later in the day I come home ...I see that photo....Am I just viewing a thumbnail or will it fully sync and allow me to fully edit the high res photo from the home computer.  Again, and advice is appreciated.  Thank you ...Noah

TOPICS
How to, Mac, Sync

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to see the same high-resolution image on both computers and be able to edit that high-resolution image on both computers then the solution would be to have that image or those images on an external hard drive that could be moved between the two computers, and the catalog that accesses those images would need to be on the external hard drive so that the single catalog could be accessed by both computers.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a similar solution here which should fit with the issue you are having I believe.

Another feather to JimHess I believe.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines