• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple select and export in Lightroom Classic on macOS

Engaged ,
Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So apparently you can now select multiple export presets and run several exports at once. Except I can't I have the select toggle buttons by the side of each export but I can't get them selected. Click, double click, shift click ... nothing works. What am I missing?

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

To export your photos using multi-batch export, follow the steps below:

• Select photos from the Grid view to export. See Select photos in the Grid view and the Filmstrip.
  • Choose File > Export, or click the Export button in the Library module. Then, choose Export To > Hard Drive in the pop-up menu at the top of the Export dialog box.
  • Choose the presets, in which you want to export your photos, by selecting the checkbox in front of the preset names. Once you select a checkbox for a preset, all the settings in the Export dialog box panels are disabled. If you want to see or update the export settings of a preset, clear all the checkboxes, and click the preset for which you want to update the settings.
  • Click Export. If the export location for any of your selected presets is set to Choose folder later or if the specified export location is invalid, you get the Folder Selection dialog box. Choose an export location for each selected preset and click Done.

For more information please have a look at this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/lightroom-classic/help/exporting-photos-basic-workflow.html#multi-batch-e...

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 04, 2020 Jan 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's more or less what I'm doing but, as I said, the checkboxes aren't getting selected when I click on them. See this screencast:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uzrdfqfduwocdyq/ScreenFlow.mp4?dl=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2020 Jan 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think (at a guess) your problem has something to do with the type of presets you are selecting.

You have Export "to Hard-drive" then you are selecting a "Flickr" preset (would that NOT be a 'Hard-drive' export?)

Have you tried selecting multiple Presets that Export files locally (JPG, TIFF, etc) ?

ScreenShot065.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 05, 2020 Jan 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, that did it. So multiple exports are only available on certain plugin types. Shouldn't the checkboxes be hidden or greyed if they can't be used?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The document at- https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/exporting-photos-basic-workflow.html#multi-batch-expo...

would suggest that Flickr, Facebook, etc, are suitable Presets for Multi Batch Export, and with 'Hard-drive' selected.

I do not have enough experience with Multi Baatch Export to advise further.

More investigation is needed. Hopefully some Experts can help answer your question.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

All it says there is "You cannot select Email and CD/DVD export presets". Otherwise, the documentation suggests it's more than it really is.

It's all a bit half-baked, though, isn't it. Of all the presets I have in my set, including all of my own export plugins, many of which actually do export to disk, only a small number can be multiply selected.

It hardly seems worth it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines