• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple strange issues w/ one catalog (others are fine.)

Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have several catalogs. I see the following behavior in just one of them. The others work as expected. 

My import settings are such that I make copies, renamed with a custom template and organized into folders by date.

With this catalog, during import, the folders view doesn't show new folders. And when showing the current import, the filmstrip and grid view don't update with newly imported photos and the import count shows 0. (No filters are selected.) 

When I select a parent folder that already exists and is shown in the folders list, the grid view updates as expected. 

After import, it reports that no smart previews were built because they already existed. (But they were built and did not previously exist.) Also, after import, I can select "Previous Import" in the filmstrip and it shows the images that were just imported as expected, but the folder view never updates to show newly created folders.

Once I quit and restart LR, the folders show fine and everything seems to be working as expected. (Until the next import.) 

Any advice on the best fix?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been reported to Adobe, they are investigating. Last I knew Adobe has been unable to replicate the problem ,but maybe there are more recent developments.

Please go to https://feedback.photoshop.com/topics/lightroom-classic/5f5f2093785c1f1e6cc40872 and find the thread that covers this and read the latest information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines