Highlighted

Multiple Versions of Lightroom on My Mac

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen similar questions posted here but all seem to be regarding Lightroom for Windows.  I've got Lightroom Classic 9.3 and 6.0 along with Lightroom Desktop.  All I'm using is 9.3.  Will I have any problems running 9.3 if I uninstalling both 6.0 and desktop?  Also I have Photoshop 21.2 & 20.09, am I going to create problems uninstalling v 20.09?  Thank you for your help!

TOPICS
Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Multiple Versions of Lightroom on My Mac

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen similar questions posted here but all seem to be regarding Lightroom for Windows.  I've got Lightroom Classic 9.3 and 6.0 along with Lightroom Desktop.  All I'm using is 9.3.  Will I have any problems running 9.3 if I uninstalling both 6.0 and desktop?  Also I have Photoshop 21.2 & 20.09, am I going to create problems uninstalling v 20.09?  Thank you for your help!

TOPICS
Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 03, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can un-install Lightroom 6.0, it will have no effect on Lightroom Classic 9.3. I have no idea what you mean by "Lightroom Desktop".

You should be able to uninstall earlier versions of Photoshop without affecting the current verison.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 03, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thaks so much for your help!  Have a wonderful weekend!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 03, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom desktop is the new version of Lightroom, also known as 'Lightroom cloud'. You don't need it, because you already use Lightroom Classic.

-- Johan W. Elzenga, http://www.johanfoto.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 03, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help.  I really appreciate your getting back to me so quickly!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 03, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For sure it can be a bit confusing, there are two "Lightroom' apps that can be used on your computer, it's just not a good idea to have both on the same computer. It could be useful to have Lightroom (cloud-based) on a laptop so it can sync with your desktop and mobile devices. See the screen capture.

Screenshot 2020-06-24 at 10.20.34 AM copy.pngScreenshot 2020-06-24 at 10.20.10 AM copy.png

Regards, Denis: System iMac mid-2015, 5K 27” monitor, macOS10.15.7: LrC 10, Lr 4, Ps 22.0,; Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 03, 2020 0