• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My backup zipped catalogs wont open

New Here ,
Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, all of my backed up catalogs are corrupt when I unzip them. I don't understand.

Please help me

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What software are you using to unzip them? Not all unzippers unzip stuff from all zippers! Sometimes there is incompatibity. I have suggested that Adobe incorporate an unzip facility into LR that is compatible with their zipper. But I doubt if that will happen in my lifetime.

Bob Frost

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use 7zip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to Decompress, Un-Zip, them to open them in LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

youre not helping me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You said nothing about Decompressing, unzipping, the catalog files in your original post.

I then asked if you had unzipped them an Hour Ago. You then posted 35 min ago that you used 7zip and then this last reply 34 min ago that I'm not helping.

I posted long before you stated that you had unzipped them. 

Sorry. Best of Luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copy the zipped backup files to a different disk. Unzip them there. See if they open from that disk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Already tried, doesnt work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to share a link  to a zipped backup on  Dropbox I can try to unzip  it on  my computer. What is the size of  the zipped file? How many backups have you tried so far? are you able to  unzip a backup if you move the  file to  an external drive?  Can you upload a screen  shot of the message you are getting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of LR? There was a bug a couple years ago that was subsequentally fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Latest Version" is a meaningless statement. Over and over and over again "Latest Version" turns out to be not current version.

Prove me wrong. Best way to do that is, in Lightroom, click on Help, then System Info, then Copy. Paste into a reply.

Info from first line down to just past plug-ins is helpful.

This will give not only the version, but additional useful info, the OS, the OS version, an idea of where you keep the working catalog, and some plug-ins  (their is at least one plug-in that causes issue, although probably not this)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines