Highlighted

My hard drive crashed - how to extract images from Lightroom Classic previews

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• hello, my hard dropped off the table and smashed. it contained wedding photos. In ligtroom I see those pictures as "missing files". i didn't do a backup and nowhere are those photos. is it possible to somehow extract those missing files?

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Topics

Crash or freeze, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

My hard drive crashed - how to extract images from Lightroom Classic previews

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• hello, my hard dropped off the table and smashed. it contained wedding photos. In ligtroom I see those pictures as "missing files". i didn't do a backup and nowhere are those photos. is it possible to somehow extract those missing files?

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Topics

Crash or freeze, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only very small copies of them from the LR created Preview files. 

Use Google for search on the instruction on how to do that.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the hard drive. You can try the steps mentioned in the article below to extract images from the previews. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/extract-previews-for-lost-images-lightroom.html

Note: The quality and size of the images would depend on the type of previews created.

Regards,

Nikunj

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank youv much!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines