Highlighted

My HD is broken, I will need a new catalog and now?

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

I have 4TB of pictures that I removed from an HD with bad sectors, I intend to create a new catalog. How do I import all my raw files with it's data without losing nothing?

I split the photos into 3 others hdd and removed the broken one 😞

Topics

Crash or freeze, How to, Import and export, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

My HD is broken, I will need a new catalog and now?

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

I have 4TB of pictures that I removed from an HD with bad sectors, I intend to create a new catalog. How do I import all my raw files with it's data without losing nothing?

I split the photos into 3 others hdd and removed the broken one 😞

Topics

Crash or freeze, How to, Import and export, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 12, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you still have access to that catalog, see:

https://lightroomkillertips.com/pointing-lightroom-classic-new-drive/

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-move-lightroom-to-new-computer/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7T2wCK9jDd4

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 9.4, PS 21.2.1; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.6; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3
Learn How to Move Lightroom from one computer to another. Stop by my website for more Photoshop, Lightroom, and Photography tutorials and tips: www.mattk.com...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 12, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Akso, for fixing the mess up

see:

http://www.computer-darkroom.com/lr2_find_folder/find-folder.htm

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 9.4, PS 21.2.1; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.6; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 12, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the disk with the photos had a problem, and the catalog was not affected, then you do NOT need a new catalog. In fact, creating a new catalog is the wrong thing to do. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 12, 2020 0
WobertC LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DO NOT CREATE A NEW CATALOG

DO NOT IMPORT ANY PHOTOS TO A NEW CATALOG.

Everything you have done in the past is in a catalog you used previously.

Find that catalog.

Because your photo files are in a new location (in Lr terms "missing" ) you will need to re-link them with instructions as in these links-

MISSING FILES & FOLDERS (Adobe link)

MISSING FILES & FOLDERS (Lightroom Queen)

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 9.4, Lightroom 3.4, Photoshop 2020 (21.2.1), Nikon DSLR, Windows-10.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 12, 2020 0