Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i cant figure out why my images go very dark from the camera to ligtroom 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you shooting in Raw or JPG? If Raw, any chance you could upload a sample Raw file so we can take a look?

Has this started happening recently or ever since you got your G90?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about Lightroom Classic or Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with Sony alpha 7 SIII. Lightroom CC underexposes all the pictures when I import them (of 2 stops, at least)...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>>>Lightroom CC

Are you referring to Lightroom (Cloud based) or Lightroom Classic (local catalog based)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's quite normal that Lightroom represents the data slightly darker than what you see in the camera. That doesn't mean anything's "wrong" - remember that it's exactly the same sensor data, not one pixel has been differently exposed.

The issue is rather that the camera manufacturers stretch the data as far as they will go. A "brighter" image is always a selling argument when the customer is in the store.

Lightroom, on the other hand, is conservative. It doesn't try to sell anything, it just wants to represent the full sensor data.

I've seen this with every camera I have ever used with Lightoom, three or four Nikons and two Sony alphas. When you get to know the camera, you get a feel for how much exposure it's safe to give vs. the camera LCD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines