• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My main hdd drive became a folder under "/ and Volumes" in Library structure, can't find solution

Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somehow my main phtoto drive is now a folder under "MAC" drive, this is the OS ssd, nothing to do with the drive named "Fotó", which is my important drive full of raws, and is a hdd.

I've read some help, to choose "Hide this Parent" and so, but it doesn't work... 😞 When I click on "Hide this Parent" on Volumes, the "Fotó" folder just disappears...

Any idea? LR 9.3, up-to-date

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Correct catalog?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, don't understand, what you mean.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to restart Lightroom after you've hidden the parent. I would also advise you not to use accents in the name of disks, just to be sure. So don't call it 'Fotó', but just 'Foto'. I'm sure you will still understand what the disk is for... 😉

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried everything, restart Lr, the Mac, etc. Didn't help. If I right click on "Volumes" and Hide the parent, nothing happens, the folder does not "promote" / get back to independent volume. 😞 
(There was never a problem using the letter ó in the word: Fotó. Except an update a few month ago, but Adobe fixed that, so that is not the problem know, I have other volumes with simple letters with tha same problem)

The other problem know is, that Slideshow is soooooo slow in this catalog, I don't know why. When I start the slideshow, it builds up the preview, and that last for several more minutes, than before. I tried older catalogs, no problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After you have hidden 'Volumes', you must also hide 'Fotó'. That too is not a folder.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines