• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My photos won't sync from Lightroom to Lightroom Classic

Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a big problem with getting pictures I have taken with the camera in the Lightroom app (on a Samsung Note phone) from Lightroom to Lightroom Classic. The images appear in Lightroom, and I am creating a new collection in Lightroom and moving the images I want to sync to it.

This collection appears in Lightroom Classic, but it has no images. I've looked to see if I can find a solution, but nothing I try works. 

In Lightroom, I can see the images in the collection. The sync icon has the blue circle moving, but when I click on it it always says it is synching 1 photo. If I click View, I get the message below saying: Oh no a black hole! No photos matching these filters were found. Turn off filters.

I don't have any filters on. I use a macbook pro running OS Catalina 10.15.7

I would really appreciate any help. This is driving me mad.  Thanks.

Screenshot 2020-10-27 at 22.02.35.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The screen shot you posted Clearly Says you have a FILTER SET and to Turn If Off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not clear from your post what is happening. The screen capture appears it is from Lightroom  (cloud -based) desktop app is this correct?

You also have Lightroom (mobile) on your phone correct?

Do you also have Lightroom Classic installed on your computer?

Do you have Lightroom Classic and Lightroom (cloud-based) app open on your computer at the same time?

Viewing the screen capture I believe this is your situation.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The screen clip from your post which I believe is from your computer clearly shows that you have LRC (Classic) and Lr(cloud-based) open see the screen capture. Not a recommended procedure to have both apps on the same computer and certainly not running at the same time/

Screenshot 2020-10-27 at 10.07.40 PM.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have both applications installed on my iMac, however I have never booted them at the same time. I am not about to attempt that to test what problems this will cause.

I recommend a time out, then have a read of the article available at the attached link. It will help with the strategy moving forward.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-cc-vs-classic-features/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello

Many thanks for your detailed reply - I really appreciate it.

I will have a read of the article you attached. I know that message says that a filter is on, but I have checked and double checked and there are no filters. Looking at communities here and elsewhere, this seems to be a bug where one image is shown as synching but when you try to view it you get this message. Lots of people are having the same problem as me. 

This is how I am (trying!) to use Lightroom.

You are right that I have both apps on my mac. I also have the app on a Samsung Note 9 phone and use the camera element of that for product photography. I then need to sync the images to Lightroom so I can edit them in Classic. I don't need to use LR as the editing capability isn't good enough but I just can't get the apps to work together as they were doing happily last year when I was using them and images were synching from LR to LRC. As a workaround I am exporting the images from LR to my mac and uploading them to LRC from there, but it's clunky and I'm sure there must be a better way!

I hope this all makes sense! Thanks again for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines