• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Navigator window slows Spot Removal tool in Lightroom Classic 9.3 on macOS 10.15.5

Explorer ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just discovered that if I close the Navigator window while using the Spot Removal tool it works much more smoothly. If it is open the tool is very slow and jerky. Is this a known 'feature' or is it a bug?

iMac27 with macOS Catalina 10.15.5 with 32GB memory. Latest version of LRc

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry about the trouble with Lightroom Classic. Would you mind telling us since when are you facing this issue?

You can try disabling the Graphics Processor from Lightroom Classic by going to the Preferences, then Performance. Once done, quit and relaunch Lightroom Classic to check if that helps. You can also try optimizing the preferences for Lightroom Classic using the steps suggested here: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/optimize-performance-lightroom.html

Let us know if it helps!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only have problems with the Spot Removal tool when I have used it many tens of times on a photo. If the Navigator window is open then the cursor becomes very jerky and difficult to select where the next mouse click will be. I have turned off the Graphics Processor in Preferences even though it is an NVidia Ge Force GTX 775M with 2GB memory, on top of the 32GB of memory in the Mac. I was surprised to see that as soon as I closed the Navigator window the cursor became free flowing and not jerky.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to know about the navigator window workaround!

Lots of spot removal for any photo is always going to slow things down. Often times, doing these in Photoshop is a much better option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree that when there are many hundreds of spots to remove, it is better to edit in Photoshop. I am mainly dealing with scanned DNG files which I edit in Photoshop and they are then returned to LrC as TIF files, so I now have two large files. I have to keep the original DNG file, because it is the original. That's why I try to do all the spot removal within LrC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines