Need Camera Standard Profile for Canon EOS R5

Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, the Adobe profiles for the Canon EOS R5 produce horrible color, to the point that I cannot use Lightroom and cannot post process my EOS R5 raw photos. I need a Camera Standard profile ASAP. When will it be available? I cannot believe support for the R5 was released without it.

What are other users using in the meantime?

TOPICS
Feature request, Presets or profiles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Need Camera Standard Profile for Canon EOS R5

Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, the Adobe profiles for the Canon EOS R5 produce horrible color, to the point that I cannot use Lightroom and cannot post process my EOS R5 raw photos. I need a Camera Standard profile ASAP. When will it be available? I cannot believe support for the R5 was released without it.

What are other users using in the meantime?

TOPICS
Feature request, Presets or profiles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 18, 2020 3
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I always always always use a profile for my specific camera using the COlor Checker passport from Xrite and the Lightroom plug in from X-rite. That way, you are sure!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 21, 2020 1
Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded two sample RAW files for the EOS R5 and there are no Camera Matching Profiles available in LrC 9.4, this is not unusual for the initial support. (note- ”Camera Matching Profiles are not provided by Canon for Adobe to apply, they have to be created by Adobe engineers”)

It’s likely to be added in another update, also I am not seeing anything unusual with the Adobe Standard profile. The lens is recognised and profile applied.

See the screen capture of a raw file imported and only the Adobe Standard Profile applied and Lens correction.

Screenshot 2020-08-21 at 9.28.35 PM.png

Regards, Denis: System iMac mid-2015, 5K 27”, Ram 24GB, HDD 3TB, macOS 11.1, LrC 10.1 (>10.0), Lr 4.1, Ps 22.1, Pr 14.8.0; Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 21, 2020 2
LEGEND ,
Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For now, do the Camera Matching profiles work?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 21, 2020 0
Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David, my experience is, there are no Camera Matching Profiles available!

Regards, Denis: System iMac mid-2015, 5K 27”, Ram 24GB, HDD 3TB, macOS 11.1, LrC 10.1 (>10.0), Lr 4.1, Ps 22.1, Pr 14.8.0; Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 21, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, this is a community page for fellow users, it lacks actual Adobe Tech interaction. Recommend you also post your problem at the official feedback page where actual Adobe techs pay attention. The feedback site is where Adobe likes to see such information.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop_lightroom?topi...

oh, and if you do, please leave a link as a reply in your posting so we can go and look at it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 21, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The rendered colors using Adobe ICC profiles are not pleasant as Canon camera profiles. I just realized that this is the current issue for all photographers owning R5, right now. With my EOS mark IV and EOS R always prefered canon profiles. Photos from R5 will have to wait before releasing to clients. I completely forgot this subject. Should have wait more before buy the camera. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 10, 2020 0
Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition if you are using any special capture settings in the Camera, Adobe does not have access to the info to create those special settings. That is proprietary to Canon, Adobe can only utilize the RAW data and apply the profiles they create, including the ones they build for Camera matching, like faithful, standard, landscape, portraits, vivid etc.

To wit Canon provide you with software to process raw files from the camera models they manufacturer and expect you to utilize their software. Adobe offers an alternative which they hope you may find more useful it just takes time to finalize profiles that meet their standards. The release of updates usually take place around 2 to 2.4 months my guess it may be soon.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 10, 2020 0
Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe doesn't use ICC camera profiles, their DCP (DNG) camera profiles are vastly different. 

Really, the best option for anyone serious about color and shooting under differing illuminates is to create your own custom DCP profiles for you specific camera body. It's brain dead simple, but you just need a MacBeth ColorChecker. Software from either Adobe or X-rite is then free.

Everything you thought you wanted to know about DNG/DCP camera profiles:
All about In this 30 minute video, we will look into the creation and use of DNG (.dcp) camera profiles in three raw converters. The video covers:
What are DNG camera profiles, how do they differ from ICC camera profiles.
Misconceptions about DNG camera profiles.
Just when, and why do you need to build custom DNG camera profiles?
How to build custom DNG camera profiles using the X-rite Passport software.
The role of various illuminants on camera sensors and DNG camera profiles.
Dual Illuminant DNG camera profiles.
Examples of usage of DNG camera profiles in Lightroom, ACR, and Iridient Developer.
Low Rez (YouTube):
http://youtu.be/_fikTm8XIt4
High Rez (download):
http://www.digitaldog.net/files/DNG%20Camera%20profile%20video.mov

In this 30 minute video, we'll look into the creation and use of DNG camera profiles in three raw converters. The video covers:What are DNG camera profiles, ...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 10, 2020 0
Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that info Andrew.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 10, 2020 0