Highlighted

Need help reformatting!

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have specific requirements from someone whom I did headshots for.   They are stating that the picture requirement needs to be JPEG at least 3 megabytes, minimum of 1200 pixels wide and 667 pixels high.  I am lost on how to exactly format the photos.  I know where I can change megapixels but am stumped on the MB aspect.  Any help would be appreciated!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Need help reformatting!

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have specific requirements from someone whom I did headshots for.   They are stating that the picture requirement needs to be JPEG at least 3 megabytes, minimum of 1200 pixels wide and 667 pixels high.  I am lost on how to exactly format the photos.  I know where I can change megapixels but am stumped on the MB aspect.  Any help would be appreciated!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your dilema is tbe result of a lack of understanding by those requesting mb size.

size is pixels, ppi is just a tag in metadata and mb’s are determined by compression factor and subject data...

You can export the same pixel dimensions and have different mb’s by adjusting the compression/quality.

Subject matter affects compression so start at the highest quality and check the resulting size

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you . It is all so confusing to me . I did a newborn shoot but the dad wanted new headshots. They turned out great but he is requesting certain file sizes for his firm and I am hesitant to send off the re-formatted ones bc I am pretty much guessing. If the info says minimum requirements, I would think larger #'s would be okay but I'm not sure.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are exporting and making new files so no need to worry.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
elie_di LATEST
Advocate ,
Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Geoff said, the lack of knowledge of your client, as indicated by his instructions, is equal to your own. A 1200 x 667 pixels image is very small (0.8 MP), good for web posting and e-mail attachments, but not much else. Add to that the fact that every jpg is compressed somewhat, even one set for maximum quality, and I very much doubt it will be possible to get one at 3 MB.

>> If the info says minimum requirements, I would think larger #'s would be okay but I'm not sure.

Find out which parameter he considers more important. To get a 3 MB jpg you will need to downsize the image less.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines