• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help with a possible disk issue with my Mac.

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2020 Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Lightroon Classic and Photoshop, which I use both to edit my photos.  I use to be able to eidt images in Lightroom and then export them to Photoshop for a more detail edit.  

I have'nt used Lightroom and Photoshop since the COVID-19 began.  I took some photos recently and eidt them in Lightroom, but when I tried to export the images into Photoshop I got this message "Could not open----disk error."

Now I can open the images in photoshop but I can not export them into photoshop from lightroom.  Can someone help and explain what has gone wrong.  Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screen-clip of the full error message?

How are you 'sending' the file to Photoshop?

-by the Export dialog and 'Post Precess' in Ps?, or

-by Edit-In  [Ctrl+E]?

Have you checked in the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App that you are 'up to date' with both programs?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-09-27 at 12.18.13 AM.png

Attempted export in Lightroom by Edit-In 

Everything "up to date"

Don't know if this matters, I'm usingMacOS Catalina 10.15.7

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, this is a PS error and not a Lightroom CLassic error. Perhaps you should ask in the Photoshop forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check this on your Mac.

catalinasecurity.png

Once you go through the settings pictured above open the CC desktop app and Update/Upgrade both LrC and Ps to get the newest version of both.

Then Open Ps all by itself and varify that it opens and you can open a photo file with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went into the above and made sure all were checked off, and it worked.  I was able to select my image and export it into PS, from lightroom cc, without any issues.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You say Lr CC? There is no longer a Lr CC. There is Lr Classic (LrC) and a Lightroom that is the newer program and Cloud Centric (stores images in the Adobe Cloud server system).

Which Exact version of Lr are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since it quite a while since you last used LR Classic, could it be possible that image files have been moved at a system level, and might be missing?

Is the indicative "!" apparent to you in Grid View on any thumbnails?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, my images all appear to be in order.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Could not open----disk error."

We could use some more details on this.

Any Mac experts handy?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines